Stormtalon conversion

Welcome to my first blog post.

I’m going to start off with a tutorial on how i converted the Stormtalon into what i dub the “Stormvenom”. The conversion is based off a venom gunship from G-police, a PlayStation one game.

This is the first model in my Stormwing formation which will be supporting my astra militarum (guard) army. These will be piloted by veteran guardsmen. The idea is that they are an elite air regiment assigned to the allied army of Steiner “the nature boy” flair. Commander of Arcadain 5th.

This conversion is very straight forward. Many pics coming up.

This is the look i was aiming for,
This is the look i was aiming for,
Build cockpit as normal.
Build cockpit as normal.
This is the first cutting part. Before gluing the sides together, carefully slice the upper and lower fins from the tail. You can use the body as a guide for cutting.
This is the first cutting part.
Before gluing the sides together, carefully slice the upper and lower fins from the tail.
You can use the body as a guide for cutting.
Now glue the two halves together. This will leave a gap on the top and bottom that will require filling.
Now glue the two halves together. This will leave a slight gap on the top and bottom that will require filling.
Now glue the cockpit and body together.
Now glue the cockpit and body together.
Remove square mounting block from underside of cockpit.
I then removed the square mounting block from underside of cockpit.
Build assault cannon. I cut off the the block on the side but this isn't necessary.
Next, build assault cannon. I cut off the the block on the side but this isn’t necessary.
At this point i decided to forgo the cumbersome looking turret and glue the assault cannons directly to the body.
At this point i decided to forgo the cumbersome looking turret and glue the assault cannons directly to the body.
Next is what will be the tail wings. For this i used the engine wings, part no 43 and 44. To make these fit flush on the tail you need to remove the lip from the pointed end of the wing and then thin down the flange. i used a modelling knife to do this.
Next is what will be the tail wings. For this i used the engine wings, part no 43 and 44.
To make these fit flush on the tail you need to remove the lip from the pointed end of the wing and then thin down the flange. i used a modelling knife to do this.
Glue these in place.
Glue these in place.
For the missile and mounts i used a sentinel missile pod and a heavy weapon mount cut evenly in half. A landspeeder missile pods will probably be an easier route to take.
For the missile and mounts i used a sentinel missile pod and a Cadian heavy weapon gun mount cut evenly in half.
The missiles from a landspeeder may be an easier route to take.
you need to take care gluing the pods in place, making sure the glue is dry so you get a even match.
you need to take care gluing the pods in place, making sure the glue is dry so you get a even match.
The finised product.
The finished product.
One more angle.
One more angle.

I am very pleased with the final look and i feel that i managed to achieve an improved stormtalon and something close to what i was aiming for. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. More stuff coming soon.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Stormtalon conversion

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s